1) SOLOISTS & COMPOSERS COMPETITION
D) Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)
E) Winds (Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, French horn, Trumpet, Trombone)
F) Voice (Women – all voice types)
G) Voice (Men – all voice types)
H) Composition (Orchestral Piece)
- No age limit
- The contest is open to musicians of all nationalities
Category A, B, C, D, E, F, G:
– Video Recording Application:
- Free Repertoire
- Between 5 and 40 minutes (max. 3 video link – within last 2 years)
- The recording shall be taken by one camera, showing the face and hands of the musician
(Category H) Composition:
- An Orchestral Piece
- Duration of the work: between 5 and 20 minutes
- Maximum orchestration: 2 Flute, 2 Oboe, 2 Clarinet, 2 Bassoon, 4 French Horn, 4 Trumpet, 3 Trombone, 1 Tuba, 1 Timpani set, 2 Percussion player, 1 Harp, 1 Piano, Strings
- Full score (.PDF format) and if available “wav” or “mp3” or “midi” sound file realization of the submitted score
- If selected (winner), professionally prepared parts and two scores will be required 40 days prior to the first rehearsal
- Concertos will not be considered
- An international jury appointed by the organizers of the Competition will make this selection, based on the videos submitted by the candidates. Jury names will announce after deadline (15th October, 2018).
- The jury’s judgment is unquestionable and irrevocable. The judges are not obliged to give any explanation to the candidates for their judgment.#
All documents must be submitted before October 15th, 2018, fill out online form at www.newyearscompetition.com
Please send e-mail to: email@example.com
- Full Name
- Date and place of birth
- Full postal address
- Phone number and e-mail address
– A copy of your ID card or passport
– A high-definition colour photograph
– A curriculum vitae (CV) or biography in English
– Video links
– Proof of registration fee payment via bank transfer. (Application Fee: 100 Euro)
€100 (Euro) application fee (plus banking fee) is due in full, and will not be refunded by the competition board. Payment must be made via bank transfer to:
Bank: Bank Austria UniCredit
Name: Culture Meeting Point
IBAN: AT96 1200 0006 0177 8103
- (Category “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”)
One full “Concerto” performance with Orchestra on December 25-30, 2018 in Vienna (each winner could perform only one concerto – max. 45 minutes performance)
- (Category “F”, “G”)
A work or selected pieces by winner with Orchestra on December 25-30, 2018 in Vienna (each winner could perform max. 30 minutes performance)
- (Category “H”)
Vienna Premiere of winner work of “Orchestral Piece” Category with Orchestra on December 25-30, 2018 in Vienna
– Competition Committee will arrange free accommodation, free travel ticket (economy class) and airport transfer for winners during “Winners’ Concerts” period in Vienna.
– Winners will be awarded special certificates.
– Audio and video recording will be made of the concerts in Vienna, and will be offered to the winners for personal users. Professional pictures will be taken for the winners as well.
– Marketing campaign and publicity for the concert in Vienna for the winners career.
- In case of cancellation of the Competition (as partly or completely) from the side of the Competition Committee’s side, 100 % of the paid of the application fee will be refunded to the competitor’s account.
- For each Category (“A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”, “F”, “G”, “H”), only ONE musician will be awarded (as “Winner”), and the winners (one pianist, one harpist, one guitarist, one string instrument performer, one wind instrument performer, one Women singer, one Men singer and one composer), will perform a performance with orchestra with above rules in Vienna/Austria.
- By applying to take part in the Competition, candidates indicate their acceptance of these rules.