2) ORCHESTRAS COMPETITION
A) Wood Ensemble**
B) Brass Ensemble**
C) Percussion Ensemble*
D) String Orchestra***
E) Chamber Orchestra***
F) Symphonic Orchestra
* minimum 4 musicians
** minimum 8 musicians
*** minimum 12 musicians
- No age limit
- The contest is open to musicians from all nationalities
- All ensembles/orchestras could apply with or without Conductor
– Video Recording Application:
- Free Repertoire
- Maximum 40 minutes (max. 3 video link – within last 2 years)
- An international jury appointed by the organizers of the Competition will make this selection, based on the videos submitted by the candidates. Jury names will announce after deadline (15th October, 2019).
- The jury’s judgment is unquestionable and irrevocable. The judges are not obliged to give any explanation to the candidates for their judgment.
All documents must be submitted before October 15th, 2019, fill out online form at www.newyearscompetition.com
Please send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Name of Orchestra and Director of the Orchestra
- Date and place of birth of Director of the Orchestra
- Full postal address
- Phone number and e-mail address
– A copy of ID card or passport of Director of the Orchestra
– A high-definition colour photograph of the Orchestra
– A curriculum vitae (CV) or biography of the Orchestra in English
– Video links
– Proof of registration fee payment via bank transfer. (Application Fee: 500 Euro)
€500 (Euro) application fee (plus banking fee) is due in full, and will not be refunded by the competition board. Payment must be made via bank transfer to:
Bank: Bank Austria UniCredit
Name: Culture Meeting Point
IBAN: AT96 1200 0006 0177 8103
– (Category “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”, “F”)
Each “Winner Ensemble/Orchestra” will perform maximum 40 minutes performance for the “New Year’s Concert” in Vienna.
– Winners will be awarded special certificates.
– Audio and video recording will be made of the concerts in Vienna, and will be offered to the winners for personal users. Professional pictures will be taken for the winners as well.
– Marketing campaign and publicity for the concert in Vienna for the winners career.
– In case of cancellation of the Competition (as partly or completely) from the side of the Competition Committee’s side, 100 % of the paid of the application fee will be refunded to the competitor’s account.
– Winners are responsible for travel, accommodation and other expenses related to the “New Year’s Concert” in Vienna.
– For each Category (“A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”, “F”), only ONE ensemble/orchestra will be awarded (as “Winner”), and the winners (one Wood Ensemble, one Brass Ensemble, one Percussion Ensemble, one String Orchestra, one Chamber Orchestra and one Symphonic Orchestra) will perform a performance with above rules in Vienna/Austria.
– By applying to take part in the Competition, candidates indicate their acceptance of these rules.